TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board approved the purchase of the IMC Life Skills curriculum for use in the elementary school at its Monday, June 11 school board meeting.
OROVILLE – Having recently completed the EMT course, Chris Allen approached the Oroville Council and asked why he couldn’t participate in “ride-alongs” anymore.
Lula Gardener, 105-years-old, shares school memories with TES 4th graders
- TONASKET – The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same.
- Though the world is a dramatically different place than it was 100 years ago, five students in Scott Olson’s fourth grade class found that the experience of attending school is in many ways similar to what it was in 1912.
- And they got to find that out from someone who was there at the time as they paid a visit to 105-year-old Lula Gardener, who was a first grader at Horse Spring Coulee’s “Bungalow School” a century ago and attended there through the eighth grade.
- TONASKET – Colby Reily of Stratford, WA, claimed the 8th Annual Jeremy Ives Memorial Bullriding title at the Tonasket Founders Day Rodeo on June 1-2, as the only bullrider to score in the short go to conclude the competition.
Of the eight finalists, seven were thrown from their bulls before completing their ride. Reily’s 84 enabled him to jump to the forefront and claim the Jeremy Ives Memorial Beltbuckle and jacket, edging out Cheyne Olney of Toppenish.
- For story, more photos and full results see sports or click RODEO.
TONASKET – NAC Archtecture was awarded the bid for design of the next phase of North Valley Hospital’s basement construction project. Lead architect Michael O’Malley was on hand for the Board of Commissioners’ Thursday, May 31 meeting to give a brief talk on the next phase of the project.
TONASKET – The 23rd annual North Country Car Club Show and Cruise-in will be Saturday, June 16, at the Tonasket Rodeo Grounds south of Tonasket.
MOLSON – The community of Molson is inviting everyone to come participate in their Midsummer Festival on Saturday, June 16, a summer fun day with something for everyone.
OROVILLE – As their first order of business, the Oroville School Board approved the resignation of Phil Barker and Christina Rise from their number.
TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board approved the beginnings of a school garden and a pilot program to explore expeditionary learning at its Tuesday, May 29 board meeting.
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County will get some relief from the state Public Works Board in paying back the loan they took to construct the Eastlake Sewer Project.