OROVILLE – It isn’t just Oroville celebrating its centennial, the historic Samson home, built in 1908 turned 100 years-old and was opened to the public during Heritage Days last weekend.
OROVILLE – The Okanogan Borderlands Historical Society sponsored an antique tractor show and race on Saturday, Aug. 16 in conjunction with this year’s Heritage Days.
TONASKET – North Valley Hospital will open Tonasket Family Clinic bringing additional health care choices to the area.
“We are opening a new family clinic in Tonasket within the hospital itself,” said Hospital District Administrator Warner Bartleson.
OROVILLE – Oroville Mayor Chuck Spieth asked and received the city council’s approval of his choice of Clay Warnstaff as the city’s chief of police.
NORTH COUNTY – This weekend brings a variety of events to the North County including Heritage Days and the Northwest Miners Rally in Oroville and the Garlic Festival in Tonasket.
OROVILLE – If you would have asked him when the plan to create a new Centennial Park was first suggested, Oroville Mayor Chuck Spieth admits he would have bet against it.
TONASKET – Dracula beware: the Garlic Festival is coming to Tonasket. On Aug. 15 and 16, History Park will be the setting of the Okanogan River Garlic Festival, hosted by the Community Cultural Center (CCC) of Tonasket.
OROVILLE – Preparations are underway for the fifth annual Oroville Heritage Days, as well as the NW Miners Rally to be held in Oroville Aug. 15-17.
OKANOGAN – Ballots for Washington’s first Top Two Primary on Aug 19 went into the mail on July 31, according to Mila Jury, an election official with the Okanogan County Auditor’s office.
Weslee Ray Clough, Oroville, 21, pled guilty in Okanogan Superior Court on Thursday, July 17 to vehicular homicide by being under the influence of alcohol or drugs and operating a vehicle in a reckless manner.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237