OROVILLE – Gold Digger Apples announced Tuesday that they had entered into a strategic alliance with Gebbers Farms of Brewster and Chelan Fresh Marketing of Chelan.
OKANOGAN COUNTY – Okanogan County broke with the rest of the state on who should be president, with voters favoring John McCain slightly over now president-elect Barack Obama.
OROVILLE – Oroville wants to become even more pedestrian friendly with nearly one and a half miles of new sidewalk planned following the east side of Highway 97 south.
TONASKET – Veterans were honored at the Tonasket High School Veterans’ Day assembly on Monday, Nov. 10.
TONASKET – The 2009 budget hearing was the focus of the Thursday, Oct. 30 hospital board meeting.
TONASKET – A hearing on the 2009 Preliminary Budget was the focus of the Tonasket City Council meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
OROVILLE – A newly completed Emergency Management Plan will mean the cities of Okanogan County and the county itself will be eligible for FEMA funds should there be a disaster, natural or otherwise.
Click on the links below to get the results direct from the source.
OROVILLE – The Oroville City Council could not see its way clear to raising the height restrictions on commercial buildings within the city limits and sent the proposal back to the planning commission for further study.
OROVILLE – Among the items discussed at the Tuesday, Oct. 7 meeting of the Oroville City Council was increasing the limit on the height of commercial buildings within the city limits.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140