OROVILLE – Oroville wants Osoyoos Lake Veterans Memorial State park to be transferred to the city and is seeking the public’s support.
TONASKET – The Tonasket School Board discussed the levy at their regular board meeting on Monday, Feb. 22 but decided they still needed more information to determine a final amount.
OROVILLE – Although the job was widely advertised, the Oroville School Board had to look no further than from within the district to find their new superintendent, current OHS Principal Steve Quick.
OROVILLE – It appears voters in the OrovilleSchool District have listened to the arguments in favor of a two-year $1.497million Maintenance and Operations Levy and gave it their approval.
VANCOUVER, B.C. – Jeremy Teela, who was born in Tonasket and raised in Oroville, was in ninth place after the first day of the biathlon event at the 2010 Winter Olympics as of Monday, Feb. 15.
Ryan Kester tying the last string of the Tonasket Chamber of Commerce’s sign welcoming Olympic travelers to town on Friday, Feb. 5. The sign was made by Jerry Bradley at Stampede Signs, who also helped to hang the sign on the flag poles in front of The Junction with the permission of Sam Buchert. Photo by Terry Mills
OKANOGAN – The Greater Okanogan Community Network is accepting applications for youth grants in amounts up to $1,000 for projects that are run or designed by young people or in which youth have a leadership role.
TONASKET – The Tonasket Visitor’s and Business Resource needs volunteers to help keep the center open and bring in volunteers.
OROVILLE – The search process for applicants for a new superintendent for Oroville School District concluded with five finalists, who will be whittled down to three, according to Steve McKenna, a search consultant working for the district.
OROVILLE – The Oroville City Council has approved a motion for immediate annexation should the nearby state park be transferred over to the city and now is making plans to apply for additional funding for start-up costs.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140