WENATCHEE – Oroville Jr/Sr High students traveled to Wenatchee, to the Wenatchee Convention Center on February 18th to the North Central Region Future Business Leader of America Competition. After spending multiple meetings planning and practicing at the high school, Oroville students make it to state.
Tori Kindred, State Vice President representing the North Central Region presided over the conference of over 500 attendees. Kindred spoke to the membership and presented awards and met with regional advisers and judges. Kindred announced her candidacy for Washington State FBLA President, and also introduced Ellamae Burnell as one of the next candidates for Vice President. Both Kindred and Burnell will campaign at the state competition held in Spokane, Washington on April 15-17.
Oroville FBLA members spend time taking practice tests, writing and practicing speeches, building team projects and producing videos. In their efforts together the students from Oroville will all be attending state. Junior High member, Jennifer Cisneros, will also be attending this year making it in the public speaking one competition.
A valuable adviser to the Oroville Chapter, Dawn Miller, played an integral part in the competition as a judge and chaperone. The members sincerely appreciate her tireless efforts to the chapter.
Oroville FBLA member would like to sincerely thank all of the businesses, family, staff and administration for their support in their competitive efforts and for their assistance in their efforts to become successful leaders.
“As North Central Region adviser and local high school chapter adviser it is my privilege to work with such a fine group of young men and women,” said Tony Kindred.
The following students have qualified for state competition:
- Vice Pres. Tori Kindred – 1st FBLA Principles and Procedures, 1st, Securities and Investments, 2nd, Public Service Announcement.
- Bailey Griffin – 1st Public Speaking II, 3rd Personal Finance, 5th Network Design Team 2
- Courtnee Kallstrom – 2nd MOS Word, 4th Health Care Administration, 5th Network Design 2
- Mikaela McCoy – 2nd Public Service Announcement
- Ellamae Brunell – 2nd Public Service Announcement, 2nd Network Design
- Kali Peters – 2nd Network Design Team 1
- Dakota Haney – 2nd Network Design Team 1
- Lena Fuchs and Pie Todd – 4th Network Design Team 3
- Yessica Nemecio – 4th MOS Word, 1st Creed, 5th Network Design Team 2
- Jennifer Cisneros – 5th Public Speaking 1
To find out more about FBLA you can go to: www.wafbla.org. If you would like to become a professional member, please contact Tony Kindred at 509-476-3612. To Find out how you can help support the Oroville Business Leaders, please call 509-476-3612 ext. 2404