- OKANOGAN – The Paths and Trails Committee has developed a draft Recreation Plan that evaluates existing recreation opportunities, reviews public opinion regarding parks and recreation and proposes a six-year action plan and other related items that the county wishes to pursue.
- The draft Recreation Plan is available online to review at the website: www.okanogancounty.org/planning.
- “If you are interested in reviewing or submitting comments regarding the draft Recreation Plan, please send written comments to the address listed below by Feb. 24, 2012,” said Ted Murray, Recreation Coordinator with the Okanogan County Planning Department.
- The Okanogan County Commissioners will conduct a public hearing on the county’s proposed Recreation Plan on Feb. 27 at 10 a.m. in the commissioners’ hearing room.
- For more information contact: Ted Murray, Recreation Coordinator, Okanogan County Planning, 123 5th Ave. N, Okanogan, WA 98840.
County draft Recreation Plan available for review
About Gary DeVonGary DeVon is the managing editor of the Okanogan Valley Gazette-Tribune and celebrated his 25th year at the newspaper in August 2012. He graduated from Gonzaga University with a degree in Communications - Print Journalism, with an emphasis in photojournalism. He is a proud alumnus of Oroville High School. His family first settled in Okanogan County in the late 1800s. His parents are the Judy DeVon and the late Larry DeVon and he has two younger brothers - Dante and Michael. Many family members still call Oroville home. He is single with a grown daughter, Segornae Douglas and a young granddaughter, Erin.
Subscribe & Connect
Poll of the Week