- Check credit card statements
- Dear Gary,
- Checking charges on my credit card bill, I noticed a charge for $75.38 to a company called DRI*CA.COMSOFTWARE. Knowing I had no such dealings with this business; nor did I have anything on my computer with such a title, I called the number given. I was given the usual “run-around”. Finally they agreed to refund my money soon.
- Disturbed, I Googled that name. Pages of complaints against that very company were listed. Many folks wondered how many were paying this bill without checking. Instructions were suggested we change our numbers or even our credit card companies…someone we have dealt with gave out our numbers!
- Thanks for getting this out.
- Betty Roberts
- Monsanto unleashes killer micro-monster
- Dear Editor,
- “Monsanto has unleashed a micro-monster that could kill us all.” Ok that may be quite shocking and a little extreme.” That’s according to Dr. Don Huber, an agricultural scientist and expert in microbial ecology, who’s convinced that Monsanto’s genetically engineered “RoundUp Ready” crops are responsible for a new micro-monster that’s causing an outbreak of new plant, animal and human diseases.”
- This was Organic Consumers Association’s newest alert, urging citizens to watch the interviews conducted between Dr. Mercola and Dr. Hubur highlighting the relevance and importance of these food and health related topics.
- Dr. Hubur intimately describes the science and methodologies behind the mysterious genetic engineering process, as it relates specifically to food and animal feed production. He describes in detail for us, what the chemical Glyphosate biocide (used in Round Up Ready crops and herbicide sprays) is, how it interacts with the soil and plant essential nutrients, its overall affect on plants and beneficial necessary microorganisms and its impact on plant, animal, and human health.
- Some of the major concerns among honest individuals and the scientific community are that it is very difficult to conduct research about the safety of the chemical biocides — because of patenting laws and lobbying power it is virtually illegal to publish any health concerning information about these products.
- Amongst other issues relating to dramatically decreased nutritional value of foods, the accumulative toxic residue impacts, the destruction of many biological control organisms, not to mention the 40+ new plant diseases because of that, there is a new threat; an unknown (new to science) entity that is threatening our very survival as a species. “It causes reproductive failure, infertility, as well as miscarriage for cattle, horses, pigs, shee, and poultry. We can anticipate with that broad spectrum of animal species, which is extremely unusual, that it will also be with humans.”
- When veterinarians wanted to find the source of this entity, they went to the feed. “Primarily in high concentrations only where we have a genetically engineered crop that has glyphosate applied to it.” It is also found in the manure with high glyphosate residues. And where that manure is spread in the pasture for example, and animals are grazing there, will also see high infertility rates.
- It seems obvious that some investigation needs be done and more scientific research conducted. We should be allowed to know what we (and our animals) are eating and how those food/feed staple crops and agricultural practices are affecting our health and potentially undermining the very fabric of our existence -the living micro-organisms, from the soil to our intestinal tracts.
- In the meantime, we are encouraged to contact our local, state and federal officials and urge them to place a moratorium on all genetically-engineered, glyphosate crops and products, until proper investigation and accurate research be done regarding this new, but not surprising, threat to health and life itself.
- Scott Robert Kimball
- Oppressed will stand up
- Dear Editor,
- The only agenda for the GOP is to “make sure Obama is not re-elected.” What a sorry state of minds! The polarization of the people is creating a dangerous environment. Over 4,000 innocent protesters arrested for utilizing their constitutional right? An 84-year-old lady pepper-sprayed for no reason? An Iraqi veteran hit in the head with a tear gas canister? A retired police chief arrested for nothing? It goes and on.
- This situation is going to get worse. People do eventually stand up when oppressed. And the harder the “man” tries to stymie this uprising, the more people join in the demonstrations. Remember Vietnam? The authorities have their hands full now, and growing daily.
- I have great respect for the 200 plus millionaires and multimillionaires who are telling Congress it’s time to repeal the Bush tax cuts. They have a conscience, unlike most monetarily privileged people. They say the best thing to do for our country immediately is to pay their fair share. They know they would not be rich if not for being in America, and they figure they owe the country that made them rich. As the Constitution tells us, take care of the general welfare of the people. All of the people.
- We call ourselves “the greatest country on earth.” We can’t even take care of the peoples’ medical needs! How great is that? To the GOP, it is just fine. Along with executions and letting uninsured 30-year-olds die. Both of those things were applauded during a GOP presidential debate. Sad. It reminds me of a great line from the classic movie “Little Big Man.” Dustin Hoffman’s character asks, “Grandfather, are you blind?” The late great Chief Dan George replies, “My eyes still see, but my heart no longer receives it.” The rest of his words in that scene are profound and true.
- By the way, it’s nice to no longer be subjected to Bill Forhan’s paranoid drivel. If he meant well, he sure went about it wrong. I sense a little more freedom in your editorials Gary.
- As 2012 rolls around, it’s time to switch from dominator mode to partnership. No one likes to live under anybody’s thumb.
- Happy Holidays,
- Dan Dixon
- A flaw in the postal service
- Dear Gary,
- I’m not sure how to address this concern, so I thought I’d address it to you and the community. Maybe you all got an idea of what to do next. This concerns the U.S. Postal Service.
- I have received five letters now in the past week that have not been postmarked over the stamps. I also received one letter without a stamp on it at all! Every letter has come from Oroville to Billings, Mont.
- My conscience no longer allows me to keep silent on this matter. I used or should I say reused four of the five stamps not marked. My conviction came when I received the last letter from my pastor and the stamp had Mother Mary and baby Jesus on it. I believe when convicted are left with a conscience choice to either do what is right or what is wrong.
- We as people govern ourselves in this nation under God. We all wanna blame the government, yet we are the “government”. Therefore when there is a flaw in the government it should indeed be addressed, I then feel that as an individual I have done my part in a resolution to the flaw.
- Now I’ve added up the cost of the four stamps reused. it’s $3.52. 1 stamp used once $.44 and no stamp used at all $.44 equaling $4.40. This is in one week, one person, six letters total. Imagine the money lost. The big picture.
- Postal workers loosing their j
obs due to cut backs. Why? Where’s the flaw?
- Now, I’m practicing to be honest, therefore I won’t use this last stamp not marked because I’d be knowingly stealing from the government, which I am a part of.
- Romans 13 1-2: Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
- Many may not wanna hear this simply because they don’t wanna be accountable for their own part, God will have the last say. And that’s okay.
- Anyways Gary, maybe you all will know who to contact concerning this matter. As we all are one nation under God helping one another.
- God Bless,
- Sabrina Rounds
- Billings, Montana
Letters to the Editor, Dec. 22, 2011
Posted on December 22, 2011 in Letters to the Editor
Subscribe & Connect
The Online Poll