OROVILLE – Dirty Paws Pet Grooming recently opened at 2311 N. Highway 97 in Oroville by Kindra Anderson.
OROVILLE – The Quick Stop Mini Mart, owned by Sirjit Singh, recently reopened in Oroville at 2208 Juniper.
OROVILLE – GDICOM, the internet provider owned by Gold Digger Apples, has undergone some changes with new personnel and pricing for their services.
OROVILLE – The Okanogan Family Health Center has opened a new dental clinic in Oroville, celebrating their grand opening April 21 with a ribbon cutting.
TONASKET – The Evolution Fitness Center of Tonasket was bought by Brandi and Larry Clark and they officially took control of the gym on April 7.
OROVILLE – Keith Collier, Train Master with the Cascade and Columbia River Railroad made a presentation to the Oroville Chamber of Commerce on the short lines impacts on the local economy.
OLYMPIA – The state legislature has approved a measure sponsored by Seventh District Senator Bob Morton, (R), to extend the heavy-haul industrial corridor designation on State Route 97.
OROVILLE – James Glover is opening Highland Internet Services a provider of wireless and fiber optic Internet.
TONASKET – Al and Peggy Seccomb have announced the selling of their grocery store, Al’s IGA, to Paul and Lana Beyers.
OROVILLE – Along with their plans to begin crushing canola at their Oroville location, Carbon Cycle Crush, is also pursuing the idea of a waste-to-energy
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140