TONASKET-The 2008 Harvest Fest was the focus of the Tonasket Chamber of Commerce meeting on Tues., Sept. 9.
About Gazette-Tribune Staff
Stories by Gazette-Tribune Staff
TONASKET – Business from the last Tonasket City Council meeting, including the need for a planner, carried over into last Tuesday’s meeting.
TONASKET-Uphill, downhill, over grass, and over rocks, the cross country team runs over it all.
Ethelyn “Lefty” Vest passed away peacefully at Apple Meadows in Omak surrounded by her family on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2008 at the age of 76.
Eleanor Jean Lorz Scott, born in Wauconda on Nov. 28, 1922 to Anna Jean Laurie Lorz and Cornelius William Lorz, passed away in Davenport, Wash. on Sept. 1, 2008.
OROVILLE – Organizers of this year’s Rendezvous Rhythm and Blues Festival are happy with last weekend’s music event at Smith’s Point near Oroville.
“We had a big turnout, the largest turnout we’ve had in the years we’ve been doing it,” said Wes Edwards, who with wife Denise, are the lead organizers of the Rendezvous.
Paul Inlow, age 69, of Tonasket died on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2008 at the North Valley Hospital in Tonasket.
On Aug. 18, 2008, Tom was called home to the Lord following an accident south of Pateros. He was born on Oct. 31, 1945 to Amos and Mary (Beale) Teas at St. Martin’s Hospital in Tonasket.
Ursula M. Catlin, Webber, Allen, 93 of Tonasket, Wash. died Aug. 13, 2008 at the Tonasket hospital.
Minqua (Joyce) Martineau died Friday, Aug. 1 of complication from pneumonia at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Wash.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140