Wikipedia defines disinformation as the deliberate spreading of false information in order to deflect voter support from an opponent. Obama’s campaign has engaged in attacks on the credibility and character of anyone who would dare challenge his campaign, but it has also distorted the truth of Obama’s political agenda.
About Gazette-Tribune Staff
Stories by Gazette-Tribune Staff
Local healthcare providers opposing ‘assisted suicide’ initiative
I am writing as a physician (along with several other healthcare providers) to express our opposition to Initiative 1000 – an initiative to legalize assisted suicide in our state.
Lula M. Thornton Weaver, age 83 of Tonasket, died on Oct. 1, 2008 at her home in Tonasket.
TONASKET-All is good on the Tonasket School District front.
OKANOGAN – Does Okanogan County need a public transportation system, a special meeting was held last Wednesday begin discussion on the topic?
CRAhad zero to do with financial meltdown
&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160; BillSlusher is back! I guess we can all look forward to another series of lettersin which everything wrong with America can be blamed on poor blacks, liberalsand previous Democratic presidents. If only it was that easy. Mr. Slusherquotes Ann Coulter (No doubt a real expert on Wall Street and macro economics!)in his letter entitled “Regulations subjugated in the name of politicscorrectness.” His central point seems to be that the financial melt-down wascaused by previous Democratic administrations demanding that bankers andmortgage companies loan money to unqualified customers.
TONASKET – The Tonasket girls’ volleyball team won both their games last week while on the road.
BREWSTER-The Tonasket Tigers brought in their first league football game while on the road in Brewster on Friday, Oct. 3.
TONASKET-The girls’ soccer team had a hard week couple of games last week.
Henry ‘Hank” Alden Peterson, age 82 of Tonasket, was taken by the angels to heaven on Sept. 29, 2008 from the North Valley Care Center in Tonasket.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140