OKANOGAN – For more than three years a new comprehensive plan has been in the works in Okanogan County, but vehement disapproval from residents has stymied the plan’s adoption.
About Jennifer Marshall
Stories by Jennifer Marshall
OKANOGAN – It was a full house last week at the Okanogan County Public Utility District auditorium, where commissioners got an earful from farmers worried and angered over the higher irrigation rates they’ll pay starting April 1.
Poll of the Week
What can we do to help stop gun violence?
- Absolutely no restrictions on the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms (45%, 106 Votes)
- Better enforcement of the gun laws already in place (40%, 95 Votes)
- Increased spending on the treatment of mental illness (36%, 85 Votes)
- Improved, quicker system of federal background checks (26%, 62 Votes)
- Get rid of the gun show loophole, background checks for all gun purchases (24%, 57 Votes)
- Ban so-called "assault weapons" from private ownership (20%, 47 Votes)
- Ban all high-capacity magazines, limit capacity to 10 rounds (20%, 47 Votes)
- Restrict the private ownership of all guns (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 237