OKANOGAN – For more than three years a new comprehensive plan has been in the works in Okanogan County, but vehement disapproval from residents has stymied the plan’s adoption.
About Jennifer Marshall
Stories by Jennifer Marshall
OKANOGAN – It was a full house last week at the Okanogan County Public Utility District auditorium, where commissioners got an earful from farmers worried and angered over the higher irrigation rates they’ll pay starting April 1.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140