OKANOGAN – At the same time suspects were getting themselves “caught on camera” stealing the same-said camera, other burglars were burglarizing cash from the Okanogan Eagles — within hours of the crimes being reported several suspects were under arrest and authorities are seeking an Oroville man suspected in the crimes.
About Gary DeVonGary DeVon is the managing editor of the Okanogan Valley Gazette-Tribune and celebrated his 25th year at the newspaper in August 2012. He graduated from Gonzaga University with a degree in Communications - Print Journalism, with an emphasis in photojournalism. He is a proud alumnus of Oroville High School. His family first settled in Okanogan County in the late 1800s. His parents are Judy DeVon and the late Larry DeVon and he has two younger brothers - Dante and Michael. Many family members still call Oroville home. He has a grown daughter, Segornae Douglas and a young granddaughter, Erin.
Stories by Gary DeVon
TONASKET – Three juveniles were arrested in connection with a burglary at the Blue Bird Orchards warehouse, as well as the theft of an ATV and a pickup.
Many changes at G-T in 2011, more to come in 2012
- This is Week 52 and that always means one thing at the Gazette-Tribune: another year put to bed at the newspaper. Next issue it’s back to Week 1 and covering the various happenings – good and bad – for our communities.
- Are you remaining silent?
- Dear Editor,
- One of the Christmas songs that is not sung much anymore, but contains a message that is very pertinent for our day is the song Good King Wenceslas. It is a song about a King that knew that to be a blessing to others was in itself a blessing, and he desired to show his Page what this looked like.
OROVILLE – The Oroville Planning Agency will hold two informational meetings in January to share updated information on Critical Area Updates prior to holding a public hearing on the issue.
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County will hold community meetings across the county to hear from residents about recreation and gather comments to update the 2012 Recreation Plan.
OROVILLE – The City of Oroville adopted a $6,519,580 budget on Tuesday, Dec. 19, the last council meeting of 2011.
The budget provides $1,482,000 in total current expense, with some of the larger budget items in current expense being $540,450 for Law Enforcement, $163,500 in General Governmental Services/Finance/Administration, $145,100 in Ambulance Services, $142,000 in Planning and Community Development, $83,500 for the Airport and $68,000 for Fire Control.
OKANOGAN – Tonasket Police are conducting an investigation after they contacted a Canadian man on his way back to Canada with his dead wife.
Christmas a time to reflect on peace
Christmas and the holidays through a child’s eyes. As we publish an avalanche of Letters to Santa before forwarding them to the North Pole we can just about recapture what a magical time it truly is.
- Check credit card statements
- Dear Gary,
- Checking charges on my credit card bill, I noticed a charge for $75.38 to a company called DRI*CA.COMSOFTWARE. Knowing I had no such dealings with this business; nor did I have anything on my computer with such a title, I called the number given. I was given the usual “run-around”. Finally they agreed to refund my money soon.