Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Scores Girls Soccer Tonasket 6, Oroville 0 (NL) Cascade 2, Okanogan 1 Eastmont 4, Chelan 0 (NL) Liberty Bell 5, Manson 0 Girls Soccer Standings / Scores / Schedules Volleyball Liberty Bell 3, Oroville 2 Chelan 3, Cascade 1 Cashmere 3, Okanogan Bridgeport 3, Lake Roosevelt 0 Riverside Christian3, [...]
About Brent BakerBrent is a reporter for the Gazette-Tribune. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent started work at the G-T in 2011.
Stories by Brent Baker
Tonasket’s cross country teams took to the road Tuesday, Oct. 9, to run at the Republic Invitational, which also served as the District 7 1B/2B meet.
The Oroville volleyball team keeps improving. Hopefully that improvement will soon result in a victory as the Hornets pushed Lake Roosevelt to five sets on Tuesday, Oct. 9 before falling.
The Oroville girls soccer team notched its first victory of the season on Tuesday, Oct. 9, blanking Bridgeport 1-0 in a Central Washington League contest.
Tuesday night high school scores
Oroville’s volleyball team lost to Entiat in four sets on the road Saturday.
TONASKET – Just about everyone wants a swimming pool in the city of Tonasket. How to go about funding the construction — and, more problematically, the maintenance — of a pool has been the topic of discussion at several Tonasket City Council meetings in recent months. Joyce Fancher, who organized the first “friends of the [...]
Outplayed for three quarters and shorthanded due to injuries, Oroville’s football team bounced back with a big fourth quarter comeback to keep its playoff hopes alive with a 28-27 victory at Liberty Bell on Friday, Oct. 5.
Tonasket’s Oscar Avilez took runner-up honors at Lake Roosevelt’s cross country invitational on Oct. 6.
For one of the few times this year, Oroville’s Sierra Speiker didn’t win a cross country race, or challenge the winner.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140