The Tonasket volleyball team was swept by Okanogan on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 25-18, 25-20, 25-13.
About Brent BakerBrent is a reporter for the Gazette-Tribune. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent started work at the G-T in 2011.
Stories by Brent Baker
Friday 10/12 football
OROVILLE – Tonasket’s girls soccer team earned a 6-0 non-league victory at Oroville on Thursday, Oct. 11, using hat tricks by Kylie Dellinger and Christa McCormick to account for all of their scoring. The Tigers led 4-o at the half, but could have had quite a few more if not for Oroville goalkeeper Tosca Pickering, [...]
This week, to celebrate the first anniversary of my employment at the Gazette-Tribune, I temporarily allow the issue to highjack my sports column to talk about the politics of eating Big Bird, and how the thought set off a Twitter bomb with “Tonasket” written all over it … sorry, better make that #Tonasket, since we are talking Twitter.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Scores Girls Soccer Tonasket 6, Oroville 0 (NL) Cascade 2, Okanogan 1 Eastmont 4, Chelan 0 (NL) Liberty Bell 5, Manson 0 Girls Soccer Standings / Scores / Schedules Volleyball Liberty Bell 3, Oroville 2 Chelan 3, Cascade 1 Cashmere 3, Okanogan Bridgeport 3, Lake Roosevelt 0 Riverside Christian3, [...]
Tonasket’s cross country teams took to the road Tuesday, Oct. 9, to run at the Republic Invitational, which also served as the District 7 1B/2B meet.
The Oroville volleyball team keeps improving. Hopefully that improvement will soon result in a victory as the Hornets pushed Lake Roosevelt to five sets on Tuesday, Oct. 9 before falling.
The Oroville girls soccer team notched its first victory of the season on Tuesday, Oct. 9, blanking Bridgeport 1-0 in a Central Washington League contest.
Tuesday night high school scores
Oroville’s volleyball team lost to Entiat in four sets on the road Saturday.
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140