Saturday’s scores – final day of regular season for CTL.
About Brent BakerBrent is a reporter for the Gazette-Tribune. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent started work at the G-T in 2011.
Stories by Brent Baker
Cross country regionals and football scores
High school soccer and volleyball, Oct. 25
Brewster delivered a three-game Caribou Trail League volleyball sweep to Tonasket on the Tigers’ Senior Night, Tuesday, Oct. 23.
Oroville’s volleyball team snapped a three-year losing streak with a sweep of Manson on Oct. 23.
TONASKET – Some things just defy description, and A Cavallo is one of them. It doesn’t mean an attempt won’t be made, but really? Quill Hyde, Tonasket’s artist/engineer extraordinaire, designed and built the metal structure with a little help from a lot of friends, transforming what is best characterized as a pile of junk [...]
TONASKET – Brewster scored a controversial golden goal in overtime to defeat the Tonasket girls soccer team 2-1 in a Caribou Trail League match on Tuesday, Oct. 26. Brewster was awarded a penalty kick about two minutes into the first “golden goal” overtime period after a collision near the top of the box. Tigers goalkeeper [...]
WHITE SWAN – A few weeks ago, the thought of Oroville’s football team even hanging with a powerful White Swan squad seemed a tad optimistic. The young Hornets have grown as the season has progressed. And there they were, in hostile territory on Friday, Oct. 19, trailing the Cougars 33-30 in the fourth quarter. Oroville [...]
TONASKET – Tonasket’s volleyball team overcame a slow start to challenge Cascade in the middle set of Saturday’s Caribou Trail League volleyball match but were ultimately swept by the league co-leaders, 25-4, 25-18, 25-8. “(We) weren’t awake or ready to play the first game,” said Tonaskett coach Jackie Gliddon. “We came alive in the second [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140