Tonasket wins at Lake Roosevelt, hosts rival Oroville this Friday.
About Brent BakerBrent is a reporter for the Gazette-Tribune. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent started work at the G-T in 2011.
Stories by Brent Baker
Foul trouble and one bad quarter costly for Hornets at Republic on Dec. 4.
Oroville girls outshot 38-8 at foul line in first loss of the season.
Tigers blanked in fourth quarter of Tuesday’s loss at Lake Roosevelt.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Girls Basketball Lake Roosevelt 60, Tonasket 36 (NL) Republic 44, Oroville 23 (NL) Okanogan 68, Almira-Coulee/Hartline 31 (NL) Cascade 65, Cle Elum 36 (NL) Eastmont at Cashmere, ppd. (12/20) Quincy 35, Wahluke 30 (NL) Pateros 55, Liberty Bell 11 (NL) Bridgeport 28, Waterville 25 (NL) Entiat 49, Manson 35 [...]
Click on the slideshow below to see the rest of our Winterfest pictures!
CURLEW – Oroville’s girls basketball team raced to an early lead Saturday, Dec. 1, at Curlew and coasted to a 51-28 victory over the Cougars to win their second game in two days. “They had a couple of good guards that bombed in some early threes,” said Oroville coach Mike Bourn. “But we were a [...]
TONASKET – After just one game, the Tonasket girls basketball team is already showing progress. The Tigers, who only reached the 50-point mark once all last season, blew past that on Friday, Nov. 30, with a season-opening 65-35 victory over Liberty Bell. The contest was never in doubt as Tonasket raced to a 21-2 [...]
Agustin Pedregon’s winning percentage as the Tonasket boys basketball coach will never be higher. The Tigers won their new coach’s opening game 60-50 over Liberty Bell on Friday, Nov. 30, to lift Pedregon to a technically-unbeaten 1-0 record on opening night. They also made it a bit interesting in doing so.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington League Wrestling Omak PIT Tournament – Tonasket 2nd place Oroville at Davenport Tournament Boys Basketball Oroville 58, Curlew 48 (NL) Mabton 60, White Swan 52 (NL) East Valley (Yakima) 57, Chelan 40 (NL) Ephrata 65, Brewster 47 (NL) Okanogan 70, Medical Lake 46 (NL) Sultan 51, Cascade 38 (NL) [...]
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140