Tuesday’s high school sports results
About Brent BakerBrent is a reporter for the Gazette-Tribune. Prior to working at the G-T, he was the sports editor for Sunrise Publishing from 2000-2005 in Michigan. He subsequently owned and operated Buckland Media, a high school sports website, in Michigan until 2010. He and his wife Kim, who have an adult son, moved to Tonasket in 2010. Brent started work at the G-T in 2011.
Stories by Brent Baker
TONASKET – A sun-kissed spring afternoon, a common cause for the community to rally around, and the seemingly bottomless pool of ingenuity offered by Linda Black and her team of energetic volunteers turned the Big Splash BBQ into a memorable day in Tonasket. The community party, which drew around 500 people to Founders Day Park, [...]
Saturday’s high school sports scores
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Standings and Schedules Soccer Tonasket 5, Omak 1 Bridgeport 10, Oroville 1 Chelan 9, Cashmere 0 Brewster 3, Okanogan 1 Quincy 2, Cascade 0 Liberty Bell vs. Manson Softball Omak 15, Tonasket 5 Pateros 19, Oroville 1 Okanogan 8, Brewster 3 Chelan 5, Cashmere 2 Cascade 16, [...]
Baseball, Softball, Soccer, Tennis, Track, results from Saturday.
Scores from Thursday and Friday
TONASKET – The North Valley Hospital District’s financial situation is gradually improving, reported Chief Financial Officer Helen Verhasselt at the Thursday, April 11, NVH Board of Commissioners meeting.
Caribou Trail League and Central Washington 2B League Standings and Schedules Baseball Oroville 18, Manson 5 (completion of suspended game) Oroville 9, Manson 8 Okanogan 11, Tonasket 0 Cashmere 12, Quincy 0 Brewster 8, Omak 1 Pateros vs. Bridgeport Liberty Bell 6, Lake Roosevelt 2 Waterville vs. Kittitas White Swan 24, Soap Lake 2 Softball [...]
TONASKET – Tonasket Mayor Patrick Plumb said at last Tuesday’s City Council meeting that he would do whatever he could to secure the final five percent of funding needed to complete the 3rd/5th/6th Street stormwater repair project. On Monday, April 15, Plumb said the Okanogan County Board of Commissioners approved the use of $19,510 of [...]
Saturday’s baseball, softball, soccer, tennis and track & field results
Poll of the Week
Should the Oroville School Board have renewed OHS Social Studies Teacher Ryan Frazier's Contract
- Yes, he has made a change in students' lives and got them excited about school (46%, 64 Votes)
- Yes, the board should have gone with Principal Kristin Sarmiento's evaluation and recommendation (25%, 35 Votes)
- I don't have enough information to say one way or another (16%, 22 Votes)
- Yes, with the understanding he address Supt. Steve Quick's concerns (14%, 19 Votes)
- No, the issue went through the superintendent and board and should be dropped there (9%, 13 Votes)
- No, we elect local school boards to make these sorts of decisions for us (8%, 11 Votes)
- No, Supt. Steve Quick recommended the first-year probationary teacher's contract not be renewed (5%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 140